(This Frozen Cheese Souffle is perfect for Easter brunch. I have made it every year for over 30 years, though for Yom Kippur break the fast! It is marvelously simple and simply divine. I’m reposting this with my original pictures and even though I know photos speak louder than words, you will have to trust me, that in this case, this souffle not only looks better in person, it also tastes outstanding! (It is one of my most requested recipes.)
I know. Whoever heard of a frozen cheese soufflé? Trust me, you’ll be glad I turned you on. I discovered this recipe in college in a food processor cookbook. The same one I discovered the frozen cranberries in. The book has fallen apart or I would give you the title because this book was worth every penny. It is kind of crazy that I have been making these recipes for over thirty years and they are still as scrumptious as when I made them way back when.
Our haverah makes this every year for break the fast on Yom Kippur. Though I love blintz casseroles, this kind of ups the ante so to speak.This is comfort food for me and I decided it would be good to freeze one for Thanksgiving weekend. I wasn’t sure if or when I would use it, but I knew eventually it would find a home. Well, it didn’t take long. Sunday morning before everyone left me, I put it in the oven. My kids even got out of bed to eat it. Or should I say scarfed it? Unfortunately not many leftovers for me.
This cheese souffle can be frozen before baking which makes this a life saver recipe. Rich and simple to prepare in the food processor, this will soon become a favorite!
1 T softened butter
¼ c plus 2 T Parmesan cheese (about 1 ¼ oz) room temp
½ c sour cream
½ t dry mustard
½ t salt
8 oz sharp cheddar, cubed and room temp
8 oz cream cheese, cubed and room temp
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 1 to 1 ¼ qt soufflé dish.
- Using the steel blade of your processor, grate parmesan finely. Sprinkle 2 T Parmesan over sides and bottom of buttered dish.
- To the remaining cheese in the work bowl, add eggs, sour cream, mustard and salt. Combine well.
- With motor running, add the cubes of cheddar and cream cheese, a few at a time. When all
are added, blend 20-25 seconds.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish, cover well and
- When ready to serve, bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for up to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until center is set. If you like it crusty you can bake it longer. You may bake it without freezing in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Your guests will feel like royalty.
Keywords: Cheese Souffle, Cheese Souffle Recipe, Frozen Cheese Souffle, Cheese souffle recipe easy
More great brunch ideas:
Migas Scrambled Eggs
Fresh Strawberry Crepes
Belgian Liege Waffles
Simple Green Chile Egg Souffle
Overnight Mexican Egg Casserole
Cheese Blintz Casserole Souffle