This cheese souffle can be frozen before baking which makes this a life saver recipe. Rich and simple to prepare in the food processor, this will soon become a favorite!
1 T softened butter
¼ c plus 2 T Parmesan cheese (about 1 ¼ oz) room temp
½ c sour cream
½ t dry mustard
½ t salt
8 oz sharp cheddar, cubed and room temp
8 oz cream cheese, cubed and room temp
- Butter the sides and bottom of a 1 to 1 ¼ qt soufflé dish.
- Using the steel blade of your processor, grate parmesan finely. Sprinkle 2 T Parmesan over sides and bottom of buttered dish.
- To the remaining cheese in the work bowl, add eggs, sour cream, mustard and salt. Combine well.
- With motor running, add the cubes of cheddar and cream cheese, a few at a time. When all
are added, blend 20-25 seconds.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish, cover well and
- When ready to serve, bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for up to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until center is set. If you like it crusty you can bake it longer. You may bake it without freezing in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Your guests will feel like royalty.
Keywords: Cheese Souffle, Cheese Souffle Recipe, Frozen Cheese Souffle, Cheese souffle recipe easy