This one pot pasta earned Manservant’s seal of approval. Filled with lots of mushrooms, artichokes and creamy cheese; this one pot pasta is ready in under thirty minutes!
One pot pasta has been around awhile. Was it dear Martha that started this trend? I don’t know for sure, but it has certainly solved many a meal time crisis. I always have pasta in the house and I can always whip something up with it, but I love the idea of only using one pot and topping it with artichokes, mushrooms and cheese is pure genius in my book. That means NO second pot to boil the pasta. Let’s face it some days I’m just feeling lazy. For that matter some weeks I’m just feeling lazy, and I think this week was it.
Now many one pot pastas are great the day you make them. Reheating them is often a different story. The pasta tastes limp and watery and just isn’t the same which isn’t good for two people because I assure you we can’t eat a pound of pasta in one sitting. Well….like never. Even if we wanted too. Besides I always want leftovers and pasta makes the perfect microwaveable lunch.
Enter the little ears orecchiette. Are you all ears yet? This sturdy pasta shape is ideal for one pot pasta. It is hard to over cook and it reheats like a dream. That means pasta for lunch and all through the week. Perfect for a lazy person like me. It was also a great meal for someone who hadn’t made it to the grocery in a week. This recipe used up some, not quite so fresh anymore mushrooms, some delectable dried mushrooms, one can of artichokes and a good hunk of goat’s cheese that was taking up real estate in the fridge. You may not see the cheese in the photo, because I forgot to put it on. But trust me this pasta needs that cheese; just like salad needs dressing.
I actually was surprised that Manservant asked for seconds. He is a man that loves his meat, but the mushrooms made this hearty and filling. There you have it. His official seal of approval and even better, this one pot pasta with mushrooms, artichokes and cheese is ready in less than thirty. Minutes, that is. That’s quicker than pizza delivery. Just sayin’!
Please Pin and Share!Print
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 c dried assorted mushrooms such as porcinis and shitakes, rehydrated (Save the liquid)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 14 oz orecchiette or other pasta
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 t oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese grated
- 4 ounces goat’s cheese, (sliced into rounds-1 for each serving)
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions, fresh mushrooms and saute until lightly gold. Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add rehydrated mushrooms, mushroom liquid, pasta, broth, seasonings and artichoke hearts. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Stir and turn to low heat. Simmer with lid 10 to 15 minutes depending on what type of pasta you are using. Remove lid. Check pasta and make sure it is al dente and that it is the consistency you want. Check for seasoning. It may need some salt and pepper. Stir in parmesan. Stir in heavy cream and if you want a dollop on top, that’s OK, too.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and top each with a round of goat’s cheese.
Keywords: one pot pasta, one pot pasta recipes, one pot pasta meals, one pot pasta vegetarian, one pot pasta recipes tasty