This one pot pasta earned Manservant’s seal of approval. Filled with lots of mushrooms, artichokes and creamy cheese, this luscious pasta is ready in under thirty minutes!
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 c dried assorted mushrooms such as porcinis and shitakes, rehydrated (Save the liquid)
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 14 oz orecchiette or other pasta
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 t oregano
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz can of artichoke hearts, quartered and drained
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese grated
- 4 ounces goat’s cheese, (sliced into rounds-1 for each serving)
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat. Add diced onions, fresh mushrooms and saute until lightly gold. Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Add rehydrated mushrooms, mushroom liquid, pasta, broth, seasonings and artichoke hearts. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Stir and turn to low heat. Simmer with lid 10 to 15 minutes depending on what type of pasta you are using. Remove lid. Check pasta and make sure it is al dente and that it is the consistency you want. Check for seasoning. It may need some salt and pepper. Stir in parmesan. Stir in heavy cream and if you want a dollop on top, that’s OK, too.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parsley and top each with a round of goat’s cheese.
Keywords: one pot pasta, one pot pasta recipes, one pot pasta meals, one pot pasta vegetarian, one pot pasta recipes tasty