This Cheese Pineapple Bake is a perfect side dish to turkey or ham. Kids love it and you will too because it is so simple to make. Not too sweet, but just right, this cheese pineapple bake always has them coming back for seconds.
This week I’m sharing one of my favorite side dishes from my childhood. This easy cheese pineapple bake was often served on our Thanksgiving table to accompany our smoked turkey. My dad always smoked a turkey. Often he would gather every one’s grills in the neighborhood and smoke their turkey too! Smoking the big bird outside meant more room in the oven for side dishes, which often were more the star of the meal, than the turkey.
Today I’m joining with Sunday Supper to give you lots of options for side dishes-which often take center stage! I know we all have our favorites and often make similar things each year, but I always try to find something fresh and unique. Finding a new family favorite is a mission of mine.
How to Make Cheese Pineapple Bake?
Making this is as easy as opening a can of pineapple, and mixing it with a bit of flour, sugar and grated cheese. Then pour the juice over the top. Let it bake and get bubbly and then it’s time to eat. Just let it cool a bit so you don’t burn your mouth! I sprinkled a bit of Aleppo pepper over the top to give this a spicy sweet flavor. I’ve also seen this with a Ritz cracker topping that is easily made by crushing some crackers and mixing with some melted butter. Topping or not, this is a side dish that everyone loves.
I still don’t know what my Thanksgiving plans are, but wherever I am and whatever I’m doing, I know it’s sure to include good food. In fact, I’d be happy making a meal out of the dishes below. Well, those, this cheese pineapple bake, and maybe a few slices of pie! Thanks Caroline, of Caroline’s Cooking, for including me and putting this great list of side dishes together. I still can’t believe it’s November!
A few more great sides:
Frozen Cranberry Salad
Please Pin and Share!
This Cheese Pineapple Bake is a perfect side dish to turkey or ham. Just 4 Ingredients and you have a winner!
1/2 c flour
3/4 c sugar
3 c grated cheddar cheese
4 c pineapple chunks, drained and juice reserved
Preheat oven to 325.
Combine flour, sugar and cheese in a bowl.
Place a layer of half of the pineapple in a buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese mixture. Repeat the layering.
Pour the reserved juice over all, using just enough to barely cover. Bake for 1 hour and serve hot.
(I gave this a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper and it could also be topped with a crushed cracker topping!)
Keywords: pineapple cheese bake, easy cheesy pineapple bake, cheese and pineapple bake, cheese and pineapple side dish.
- Cranberry Apple Relish by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy Cheesy Pineapple Bake by This is How I Cook
- Pecan Cranberry Jello Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Apples by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Side Dishes
- Chestnut Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Mushroom Rice Pilaf by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Potato Dinner Rolls by The Redhead Baker
- Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing by Life Tastes Good
Potato Side Dishes
- Gingered Sweet Potatoes by Simple and Savory
- Marmalade Glazed Sweet Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes by Cookin’ Mimi
- Sour Cream and Onion Smashed Red Potatoes by Food Done Light
- Southern Praline Sweet Potato Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Southwestern Potato Bake by The Freshman Cook
- Stacked Sweet Potatoes by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sweet Potatoes with Cumin Sage Butter by Cooking Chat
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Acorn Squash and Brussel Sprout Side Dish by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bacon Balsamic-Roasted Brussels Sprouts by The Crumby Cupcake
- Braised Red Cabbage by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Bake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candied Acorn Squash by Cricket’s Confections
- Cheesy Jalapeño Corn Casserole by Food Lust People Love
- German Green Bean Salad (Bohnensalat) by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Green Bean Casserole by Family Around The Table
- Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole by My Life Cookbook
- Miso Glazed Corn by NinjaBaker.com
- Pan Roasted Carrots with Apple Molasses by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pine Nuts and Cranberries by The Chef Next Door
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Walnut Pesto by The Hungry Goddess
- Roasted Onions with Parsley Pesto by Monica’s Table
- Roasted Parsnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Rosemary by Wholistic Woman
- Roasted Pumpkin with Rosemary and Thyme by Feeding Big
- Spicy Balsamic Roasted Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Corn Pudding by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.Fruity Side Dishes