Chicken Parmesan pizza style is a giant golden fried chicken patty topped with tomato sauce and cheese. Drizzled with spicy hot honey this version of chicken parm will have you wishing you made more.
Chicken Parmesan Pizza Style has been on my brain lately. Apparently Cheesecake Factory’s chicken Parmesan pizza style is quite popular. I also read about a version from Quality Italian, a New York restaurant that just opened here.
One thing’s for sure… I’ve had this chicken parm’ pizza style recipe on my brain. Ordinarily, I’m not a huge chicken parm fan but ever since reading about this recipe, I’ve become obsessed.
But what exactly is Chicken Parmesan Pizza Style?
- Chicken Parmesan Pizza style is made from ground chicken, not chicken breast. Surprise! Basically, you take your ground chicken mixed with some seasonings, shape into patties and almost freeze them. Weird, huh? But trust me. This chicken Parmesan pizza style recipe totally rocks.
- After they are frozen you dip them just as you would chicken breasts, into eggs and bread crumbs and flour. Then it’s into the pan where they are fried on both sides.
- Ready for the oven! Top with some tomato sauce of your choice and then add cheese. Let these golden crisp patties bake until the cheese is melted.
- I like to broil them for the last few minutes so the chicken Parmesan gets nice and golden.
- Last step that should not be ignored. Make some spicy hot honey to drizzle over the top. You will be amazed when you taste the honey with the chicken. This is my favorite part.
- Serve over pasta or over arugula. Both are winners.
SO? This golden, crispy patty of joy is not pizza. It’s like WAY BETTER than pizza. Totally hits the comfort spot-this sizzling chicken patty may or may not resemble Cheesecake Factory’s chicken Parmesan recipe covered with melted gooey cheese.
Whether it does or doesn’t, this recipe was one heck of a crowd pleaser. I guarantee this will be my next dinner party entree and I’m sure it will have folks begging for more.
5 Steps to Making Chicken Parmesan Pizza Style
Just a few easy steps and this giant ground chicken patty can be yours:
- Just season up the chicken, place in a pie pan and freeze. No chicken breasts in this recipe.
- After this baby is frozen it’s time to pat it with a bit of seasoned flour, brush it with some egg wash and then dip into some panko crumbs. Make sure it’s well coated because the crust is awesome.
- Fry each patty and set aside until ready to bake.
- Spread with a bit of sauce, top with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes-assuming it’s at room temperature.
- Then it’s time to hit the broiler and brown that cheese golden.
How to Make Hot Honey for Chicken Parmesan Pizza
While this is going on in your oven that hopefully works, it’s time to make some spicy hot honey. Believe it. In my humble opinion this sweet elixir puts this dish beyond paradise.
Sounds weird but I read that Quality Italian serves their parm with a Calabrian honey. Not having travelled to Calabria recently I decided to make my own version which was as simple as adding Thai chili paste (whose only ingredients were chili, garlic, onions and oil) to a bit of honey.
I do believe even Sriracha would work, or just some chili flakes. Oh man. One taste knocked me off my rocker.
Try it on salmon, too! Or broiled chicken. Hot honey is so hot!
Chicken parmesan pizza style is my new favorite recipe. Don’t miss this one folks. It’s a keeper.
Keep the party going and serve this on a bed of pasta or not. I love it on a bed of arugula and for Manservant’s sake I gave him both-pasta and arugula. I can tell you which he left on the plate.
And that honey? Drizzle it over the top. Yeah, I know there’s a lot going on in this dish. But everyone will love you for this!
And I AM NOT JOKING!!!
More to Try:
I’d love it if you Follow Me On Pinterest and pin and SHARE!!!!
1 lb ground chicken
3 T parmesan cheese
1 t salt
1 t marjoram or oregano (Marjoram is a bit lighter and not as spicy as oregano. Try it for a change!)
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t ground pepper
1/2 c marinara sauce (I used Trader Joe’s arrabiata)
3 T parmesan cheese
6 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
Olive oil for frying (about 1/2″ in skillet to cover)
Fresh Basil and Tomatoes for garnish (Extra sauce and cheese if you want.)
Breading and Egg Wash
1/4 c flour seasoned with a touch of the above and 2 T parmesan cheese
1 egg lightly beaten and mixed with 1 T of water
1/2 c panko crumbs
Spicy Hot Honey
1/2 c honey (you will probably have some left over)
1–2 t spicy chili paste
Line 2 8″ cake or pie pans with plastic wrap.
Mix together ground chicken with seasonings. To test for seasonings, take about 1 t of the mixture and place in microwave or 20 seconds. Feel free to adjust seasonings if needed. Now divide chicken in half and pat each half into prepared pan. Freeze for about 4 hours. It does not need to be solid, but almost!
Prepare egg wash and breading. Remove chicken and dust with flour on top, bottom and sides. Brush well with egg wash on top, sides and bottom. Cover on all sides with panko crumbs.
Heat oil in pan until shimmering. Add chicken patties to oil. (I did mine one at a time.) Fry until golden about 5 minutes on each side. Remove and drain.
Preheat oven to 400. While oven is preheating cover each chicken patty with 1/4 c of marinara or to your discretion. I think it is better to add more sauce later. If you add too much now your patty will be soggy. Cover with parmesan. Then cover that with mozzarella.
Place on a baking sheet in oven and bake for about 10 minutes. Cheese should be melted, if not bake a few minutes longer. Remove from oven,
Heat broiler to high. Slide baking sheet under broiler and broil for just a few minutes until cheese is golden and glistening. Garnish with basil and tomatoes. Serve with a pizza cutter.
Mix up the honey. Drizzle on top or serve on the side.
Feel free to serve over pasta or arugula or both!
Keep a few patties in the freezer for when you want to make this!
Use a 7 to 9″ pie pan lined with plastic wrap to make the chicken patties. 1 lb of ground chicken makes two patties this size. A springform pan can also be used.
Keywords: Chicken Parmesan Pizza Style, hot honey, chicken parmesan pizza style cheesecake factory, chicken parmesan pizza style recipe, chicken parmesan pizza style cheesecake factory recipe, cheesecake factory chicken parmesan pizza style recipe