Buffalo Chicken Dip is a treat for one’s taste buds. The spicy rich cheesy sauce makes a perfect dip. But there are countless ways to use Buffalo chicken dip. Check these 10 ideas out!
So I’m bit slow on the uptake discovering Buffalo chicken dip. It took me a long time to hitch a ride on the buffalo chicken train.
I’m not a wing lover and maybe that’s why. But with all the ways that buffalo sauce has entered into the mainstream diet, I figured I should find something more to do with it than dip celery!
Truly, I must say there is no going back now. This crazy sauce is now appearing in potatoes and coleslaw and bbq sauce in my kitchen. And my list just keeps growing of what I can add Frank’s buffalo hot sauce to.
With Super Bowl approaching dips are always on everyone’s radar screen, but I wanted more than dip. Yes, this recipe could become dippable. In fact, I have a whole bunch of suggestions as to what you can do with his incredible chicken filling.
Cheesy and rich, Frank’s Buffalo chicken dip is perfect for Super Bowl or for a Sunday night supper. And the best part is it gets better overnight. Somehow the flavors magically meld together to create the perfect bite. (Don’t forget that!)
So…How do you make Buffalo chicken dip?
The easiest way is to buy a rotisserie chicken. Shredded chicken is perfect in this recipe. If you don’t have leftover chicken on hand, just simmer some chicken, white or dark meat, let it cool a touch and then shred that.
Mix it into a sauce made up of Frank’s Buffalo style hot sauce, a bit of butter and let that simmer a few minutes. I started by sauteing some onions for some extra flavor.
After that stir in some sour cream, blue cheese and cream cheese and basically you have an amazing dip. Wow! Took me longer to type it then to make it!
I don’t have a crush on Frank or anything but his Buffalo sauce is the only one I’ve tried and it is good!
Is there a way to make Buffalo Chicken Dip lo-cal?
Well, there is a way to make this without so many calories. You could leave out the butter in the sauce and use no fat cream cheese and low fat sour cream.
Leave out the shredded Cheddar or use reduced fat and then use celery for dippers. That way for sure it’s healthier! No, it won’t be as creamy, but the flavor of the Buffalo sauce is still mighty addicting!
- Buffalo chicken filling can be used as a dip. You knew that already, right? Buffalo chicken dip can be baked in the oven with shredded cheese on top and the served as a dip directly from the cast iron skillet. That way you get extra points because everything looks good served in a cast iron skillet!
- Pile the chicken filing into hollowed out mini potatoes.
- Make sweet potato Buffalo chicken “nachos” by spooning the chicken filling onto slices of sweet potatoes. Top with grated cheese and bake until sweet potatoes are cooked and cheese is melted.
- Buffalo Chicken filling would be awesome mixed into mac n’ cheese. And I’m telling you that and I don’t even like mac n’cheese. Yes, I’m weird that way!
- Or you could serve this chicken filling directly on top of buttered spaghetti. Yes, please!
- Buns? Who wants buns? Get a 13 x 9 pan. Brush with butter. Make a bottom layer of slider buns. Top with Buffalo chicken. Top that with grated cheese. Top that with a top bun. Butter those. Cover and bake until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Yes, you’ve just made Buffalo chicken sliders. You are welcome!
- Buffalo Subs? Get some submarine buns. Put in some chicken filling. Top with lettuce, pickles, hot peppers, onions and cheese. Wow! There is a lot you can do with this filling!
- Tacos? This would make great tacos. Enough said, right?
- You want healthy? Pile this filling into acorn squash halves. You will feel your veins surge with healthy vibes. Well, maybe.
- Last, but not least. Make this baked Buffalo chicken sandwich. You will not regret it!
Manservant loved this open faced Baked Buffalo chicken sandwich. But I did, too! In fact I can’t wait to use this dip again. So simple to make and ready in about 15 minutes if you have rotisserie chicken, this recipe is a keeper!
A few more of my favorite dips:
And don’t forget Bacon Jam, Horseradish and Ricotta Dip! Oh My!
This Baked Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is a great way to use Buffalo chicken dip!
1 T unsalted butter
1/2 c minced onions
2 c shredded cooked chicken
1/2 c Buffalo style hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
4 ounces room temperature cream cheese, cut into pieces
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c crumbled blue cheese
1/2 c of your favorite melting cheese, shredded (Cheddar, Provolone, Havarti, Gruyere, Monterey Jack)
6 slices of thick artisan bread, sliced on the diagonal
Preheat oven to 375 with broiler pan inside the oven.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until transparent, about 2 minutes.
Add chicken and hot sauce and simmer until the sauce had thickened and reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream and blue cheese until blended and melted.
Divide Buffalo chicken dip over the 6 slices of bread that have been placed on the hot broiler pan. Sprinkle with your melting cheese. Place in oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 6 minutes.
To serve as a dip: Sprinkle skillet of chicken filling with your melting cheese. Bake until bubbling around the edges and cheese is melted. To brown, place under broiler for a few minutes.
Keywords: Buffalo Chicken Dip, buffalo chicken dip recipe, buffalo chicken dip easy, buffalo chicken dip best, Frank's buffalo chicken dip, the best buffalo chicken dip, Franks's red hot buffalo chicken dip