“These over the top, no frosting necessary, decadent dark chocolate fudgy brownies are the best brownie ever. Unless of course you don’t like dense dark chocolate morphed into fudgy brownies, in which case you should skip this post!?
My gorgeous hot pink Japanese peonies are blooming, my tomatoes are protected in their water wells, it’s blowing outside like in Dorothy’s Kansas, and this weekend is Memorial Day. I’m feeling a bit out of sorts. We just said goodbye to snow, I have yet to plant my flower boxes, the folly is still unfinished, swimming pools will soon be opening, but yes Colorado is well…just being Colorado. We had, I think, one of the warmest winters ever, but now I think Mother Nature is totally confused. I know I am.
Memorial Day is almost upon us and that is my target date to have my yard in tip top shape. It actually is in pretty good shape, (thank you Adam) and except for the bare grass spots-thanks to the rabbits-really it isn’t so behind, it just feels overwhelming. Manservant is actually home this year, which leads me to thinking maybe we will have friends over to celebrate the beginning of summer. You can see I am very wishy washy when it comes to making decisions, as I have yet to actually ask anyone officially. But there is one thing I am not wishy washy about, and that is these.
If I were to follow through on my undecided decision of having friends over, these are the perfect Memorial Day dessert. Well, that’s change that. These are the perfect dessert. Anytime. Anywhere. Well, yes, (one more well,) that is if you like dense dark chocolate morphed into the form of gooey fudgy brownies that e the best ever. And if you don’t well…you probably are not friends with me! Or perhaps you are skinny and don’t eat my desserts, which is OK, because that means more for me. And if you are the cakey brownie type, Lordy, Lordy, Lordy!!!!, please just go bake a cake because honestly, God did not invent brownies to be cakey. And though God does love chocolate frosting on some brownies, this is not that recipe. Just sayin’!
In the event that I do have a party- well, I hesitate to say party as I am probably talking about 6-8 good friends, which I guess in our case would be a party, I still have no idea what my menu will be. I am leaning Greek kebabs, but then again I love chicken with peanut sauce, and who can resist ribs or burgers or dogs… along with tequila, which you know Manservant will want, in which case should I just submit to the Mexican urge? And my Bon Appetit just arrived and I now have 59 more ways to fire up the grill. Plus there are sour cherries in my freezer that need to be made into the form of pie but Lordy, Lordy, Lordy!!! this best ever brownie recipe is not to be missed. I’m not trying to be as farmisht as Mother Nature, but the barometer has given me a foggy brain.
So what are you doing for Memorial Day? For sure I’m overthinking this, well, except for these luscious, decadent, put these in your piehole, best ever brownies!
A few other cookie bars: Liz at The Skinny Chick Can Bake has these great Oreo chocolate chip bars
and Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Back for Seconds sound awesome!
OTHER GREAT BROWNIES:
Brownies w/ Cookie Dough
Please Share and Pin To your Favorite Board:
These over the top, no frosting necessary, decadent dark chocolate fudgy brownies are the perfect dessert. Unless of course you don’t like dense dark chocolate morphed into fudgy brownies.
- 1 1/4 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 t salt
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder (I prefer natural, but Dutch will work.)
- 11 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 c unsalted butter, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 t instant espresso powder (optional, but it does bring out the chocolate flavor)
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter the sides and bottom of a 13 x 9 light colored pan. Line with parchment.
- In a large microwave bowl, place the chocolate and butter. Heat for 1 minute at power 7, and then stir. Do this 1 minute at a time until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth.
- Add the espresso powder and both sugars. Combine well. Add three eggs to the room temperature chocolate. (You don’t want to cook your eggs!) Whisk until combined. Do not overbeat or you will end up with the feared cakey brownies! Add the other two eggs and whisk again. Stir in vanilla.
- In a large mixing cup, combine flour, salt and cocoa. Using a rubber spatula, fold flour mixture into the chocolate. No need to overfold.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake, rotating the pan halfway through baking, until a toothpick inserted into the middle, comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached-about 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool and then lift out of pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve with ice cream or not! These may be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap. They are also good chilled!
Keywords: brownies, best brownies ever, brownies, best ever brownies, best brownies ever recipe, best ever brownies recipe