This simple cookie, loaded with honey flavor is moist and chewy and very adaptable to add-ins and flavors.
1 cup softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg room temperature preferred
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon table salt
1/2 cup coarse granulated sugar for rolling
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon milk
Coarse Salt (Optional)
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, honey, and vanilla extract and use an electric mixer to beat until creamy and well-combined.
- Add egg and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add the flour mixture to butter/honey mixture. Stir until completely combined and all of the flour mixture has been absorbed (scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure all ingredients are well-combined).
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes and up to 5 days.
- Once dough has nearly finished chilling, preheat your oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (alternatively you can bake cookies directly on an ungreased cookie sheet).
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and scoop by 1 Tablespoon-sized scoops. Roll into a smooth ball between your palms and then roll through coarse granulated sugar.
- Place cookies at least 2” apart on prepared baking sheet and transfer to 375F oven. Bake for 10-11 minutes or until edges of cookies are beginning to turn a light golden brown.
- While cookies are baking whisk together honey glaze if using.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 5-10 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- After cookies have cooled, drizzle with honey glaze and let cookies set until glaze has hardened. Sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.
May frost with honey frosting glaze after cookies have cooled.
Thanks Sugar Spun Run for this great recipe.
Keywords: honey cookies, honey cookie recipe, honey cookies recipe