These cheesy, salty, quesadilla crisps are perfect party fare. Make ahead, reheat in 5 minutes and guaranteed to be a party pleaser!
- 2 packages of “street taco” sized tortillas
- 4 c grated cheese (I used cheddar and jalapeno jack)
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1/2 c diced onion
- 4 T melted butter
- Coarse Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl combine cheese, chilies and onion. Mix well.
- Using a pastry brush, brush a large sheet pan with melted butter. Sprinkle generously with 2 t coarse salt. Place 7-8 4″ tortillas on sheet.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of cheese mixture on each tortilla. Spread over surface evenly.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and fold in half, pressing sides gently together. Remove from sheet pan and let cool if serving later. Repeat until all tortillas are used. Store in refrigerator if reheating later.
- If reheating, remove from fridge and let come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350. Place quesadillas on sheet pan in a single layer. Heat for about 5 minutes. Slice in half, (I use a scissors) when removed from oven. Serve warm.
Makes 48 wedges if you cut in half.
Keywords: cheese quesadillas, cheese quesadilla recipe, cheese for quesadillas, recipe for cheese quesadillas