Lobster Scampi de Jonghe is rich with butter, sherry and garlic. Crispy bread crumbs soak up this delectable sauce and the best part is this special dish can be prepared in under thirty minutes.
- 4 four to five ounce petite lobster tails
- 1/2 c melted butter
- 2 T sherry
- 1 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- 2 T minced parsley
- 2 T minced shallot
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 t sweet paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 t fresh minced tarragon
- 1 T minced sweet onion
- Preheat oven to 400. Boil lobster until just pink. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Do not over cook. Lobster will not be cooked all the way through, but will finish cooking in the oven. With cooking shears cut through the middle of the underside of the tail. Remove both slices of lobster and slice into good sized chunks.
- Combine lobster chunks with half of the melted butter and sherry.
- Mix remaining butter with bread crumbs and remaining ingredients.
- Using four baking shells or a shallow casserole dish, spoon half of the lobster into each shell or the casserole. Top with half of the crumb mixture. Top that with the rest of the lobster. Finish off with the rest of the bread crumbs.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Garnish with fresh tarragon if desired. Serve immediately!
May also be prepared with shrimp.
Keywords: lobster recipes, shrimp de jonghe, shrimp recipes, garlic shrimp