Strawberry Crepes are so easy to make. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, crepes are such a wonderful alternative to pancakes.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/3 c milk or cream
- 1/3 c water
- 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 1 T melted butter
- 2 T sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- (Extra melted butter for greasing the pan)
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries cleaned and quartered or sliced
- If strawberries are not sweet enough feel free to add a spoonful of sugar.
- 1 c hulled strawberries
- 2 T confectioner’s sugar
- 2 T orange juice or raspberry juice or Grand Marnier
- 1 c sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- In a 4 cup measuring cup beat eggs, and then add milk and water. Whisk well.
- Gradually mix in flour. This mixture should end up smooth, so if you prefer to use an immersion blender that works, too! Add melted butter, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
- Batter should be smooth and have the consistency of a thin heavy cream.Heat your teeny pan and and brush well with melted butter. You don’t want the pan too hot or your crepe will burn. Medium high usually works for me, but you may have to lower the heat if it gets too hot. A drop of water should bounce and sputter, not evaporate immediately if you need to check the temp of the skillet.
- Pour in about 1/4 to 1/3 c of batter starting in the center of the pan and pouring in a spiral fashion. Now swirl the pan and make sure you have enough batter covering the bottom of the pan and that it is even in depth. Cook until the bottom is light golden in color. This takes about a minute. If you cook the crepe on too high of heat it will get too crisp. Using tongs gently lift the crepe to check. If it is ready, turn over and cook the other side until done, but it doesn’t have to turn gold on this side.
- Now you’ve got it! Brush pan with butter and repeat! Crepes can be stacked and kept warm under a towel until ready to fill.
- Combine strawberries with a bit of sugar if needed.
- Put strawberries in a deep bowl or cup and using immersion blender blend until desired consistency. Stir in sugar and juice or liquor.
Sour Cream Brown Sugar Sauce:
Mix together and use for a dollop. Lots of dollops!To Assemble:Fill crepes with fresh strawberries. Surround one side with some strawberry sauce. Top with a dollop of sour cream brown sugar sauce.
Keywords: crepes, strawberry crepes, strawberry crepes recipe, strawberry crepes filling, how to make crepes, strawberry cream crepes