The cheese crisp may look like a quesadilla, but it is not. Never folded and always crisp, found mostly in Arizona…you need to know about this!
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas (I use Trader Joe’s largest, thinnest tortillas-about 9″ diameter.)
- Butter (softened) to spread on both sides of the tortilla – About 2 T
- 1 c shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 c shredded Jalapeno Jack cheese (not processed)
- 1/4 c chopped fresh, but roasted green chilies or 1 4 oz can, drained
- 3 minced scallions
- 3–4 T of chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425. On a cookie sheet or on an ovenproof plate, place tortillas that have been buttered on both sides. Bake about 4 minutes or until tortillas have begun to brown. Remove from oven.
- Combine cheeses and spread evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with green chilies. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is well melted.
- Top with cilantro and scallions for garnish. slice into wedges.
Keywords: Cheese Crisp Quesadilla, arizona cheese crisp recipe, cheese crisp in the oven