These almond butter tahini cookies are gluten free which makes them perfect for Passover. Chewy, but fragile, I know you will love them. Tasting like they are made with browned butter-but not- I know these cookies with dark chocolate, will be a new hit!
- 2 c brown sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 t vanilla
- 1 1/4 c almond butter with salt (Make sure this is blended well!)
- 1/2 c tahini (Make sure the oil is incorporated)
- 1/4 t kosher salt and more to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/3 c dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir in almond butter and tahini. Mix well. Add almond flour and chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon drop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. They will be oily. Freeze for about 30 minutes or chill overnight. If oil is puddled on the cookie sheet, use a paper towel to blot up before baking.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350. Place about 15 dough balls per cookie sheet. Sprinkle with more salt if desired. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden. They will spread a bit and may become lacy at the edges. These crumbs taste like browned butter. So good! Cool and let set a minute or so before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely
Keywords: almond butter tahini cookies, tahini cookies, passover recipes, passover desserts, gluten free cookies, almond butter cookies, tahini cookies