The best chocolate chip cookies are the ones that are right in front of you. However if I have a choice, this cookie, filled with 14 oz of chocolate and just 7 ingredients, is hands down my go to chocolate chip cookie! Just don’t forget to chill before baking!
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted and a bit cooled
1 1/4 c brown sugar packed
2 t vanilla
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 c flour
1 t kosher salt
14 oz dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar in the bowl of a free standing mixer.
- Beat until mixture is thick and well mixed and looks a bit like peanut butter.
- Add vanilla and egg plus yolk. Beat well.
- Slowly add flour and salt. Add chocolate. Do not skimp!
- Chill a minimum of 6 hours and up to 3 days. I prefer to make the dough one day and bake the next.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400. Scoop mixture into balls about the size of a tablespoon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. I usually average about 12 minutes. They should be golden brown around the edges, but not too golden, unless you want a crisp cookie. If you like a chewy cookie always err on the lower time. They may not look done but generally cookie dough still bakes for 1-2 minutes after you take them out of the oven.
Keywords: the best chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies best, how to make chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookies easy,chocolate chip cookies for high altitude,the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, best chocolate chip cookie recipe, the best chocolate chip cookies ever