This overnight breakfast casserole, made with lox and bagels is perfect for company. Topped with everything you’d put on a bagel, this is a crowd pleaser.
- 4 large everything bagels (about 1 lb)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped fine
- 8 large eggs
- 3 1/2 c milk
- Everything seasoning (Use all below)
- 4–8 oz lox (Our family likes a lot)
- 2–3 T drained capers
- 1/3 c minced red onion
- 2 sliced tomatoes or about 10 baby ones sliced
- butter for greasing pan
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 1 T white sesame seeds
- 2 t black poppy seeds
- 1 T minced dried onions
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Butter a 9 x 13 or 8 x 11 baking dish.
- Chop bagels into 1/2″ cubes approximately. Place 1/2 of the bagel cubes into a buttered baking dish.
- Make everything seasoning.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes. Place 1/2 of the cream cheese over bagel chunks.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the minced scallions. Top with 1/2 of the everything seasoning. Top with rest of bagel chunks.
- Sprinkle with remaining cream cheese, and scallions.
- Combine eggs, milk and half of the everything seasoning and whisk together well.Pour over bagels and cream cheese. Press bagels into the liquid. If you need more liquid, add more milk. When everything is moistened, cover with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of the bagels.
- Place in fridge overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove dish from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350. Uncover the casserole and bake for about 50-60 minutes or until it is puffed and golden brown and set in the center. Let cool on rack for 10 minutes. While it is cooling, scatter the lox, capers, red onions and tomatoes on top.
Keywords: overnight breakfast casserole, overnight breakfast casserole easy, overnight breakfast casserole with bread, overnight breakfast casserole recipe