This quick and easy, ready in 20 minutes, Mexican pepper shrimp is made with onions, garlic, fresh green chilies and lots of black pepper. You may think this is over the top spicy, but the onion and garlic mellow it out! Add this to your repertoire!
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 5 garlic cloves, slivered
- 4 jalapenos or serrano chilies, seeded if desired, and sliced thin
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 t coarse salt
- 1 T fresh ground black pepper
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1/2 c green peas (I use frozen green peas, that I defrost by running under water.) They are optional but I think gives this dish some needed color.
- Sliced radishes and cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until rippling. Add the onion and garlic, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent and wilted but not browned for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add chilies and cook for another 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Swirl in the mayonnaise. Toss in the peas. Serve immediately. Garnish as desired.
Keywords: Mexican Shrimp Recipes, pepper shrimp