Irish Nachos are drenched in a beer cheese sauce then topped with garlic corned beef and a bit of dill sauerkraut. Broiled to perfection this easy Irish nachos recipe is the perfect food to accompany beer!
- 1 T butter
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 T flour
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 Guinness stout
- 1 T Worcestershire
- 4 oz extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 cups of Kettle Chips (I used Honey Mustard and Dill Pickle.)
- 4–8 ounces of thinly sliced corned beef (I used Boars Head, but leftovers work well, too!)
- 1/2 c well drained sauerkraut (I found some dill garlic sauerkraut.)
- 4 finely chopped green onions
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and whisk until golden. Make sure there are no lumps. Cook until golden brown.
- Add mustard and cayenne and stir until incorporated. Add beer and Worcestershire and stir until combined. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until it is melted and smooth.
- Preheat broiler to high. In a lightly oiled cast iron skillet, place 4 cups of potato chips. Top with corned beef. Make sure it is tucked over and under chips. Pour cheese sauce over top.
- Place skillet under broiler and broil until cheese is bubbly and chips are a touch dark. This only takes a few minutes so watch carefully. Remove from broiler and top with drained sauerkraut (if using) and scallions.
Keywords: Irish nachos, Irish nachos with potato chips, easy Irish nachos, Irish nachos with corned beef, Irish nachos recipe