These dense, chocolatey cookies are for all chocolate and cookie lovers. They can be customized with nuts or various flavored chips, but this cookie is hands down my most favorite chocolate, chocolate cookie!
- 2 and 3/4 sticks of butter (Room temperature)
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T 1/2 and 1/2 or cream
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- 3 c flour
- 1/2 c plus 2 T cocoa powder
- 3/4 t kosher salt and a tad more if you like a saltier cookie
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 2 c dark chocolate chips (I used 1 c white chocolate)
- 1 1/2 c of chocolate melted for glazing
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until just creamy. Don’t over beat. Add eggs, vanilla and 1/2 and 1/2 or cream. Beat until incorporated.
- In another bowl or large mixing cup stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to batter and stir until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate. The dough will be hard and thick. Chill for about 3 hours before using.
- Preheat oven to 365. (This isn’t a typo.) Divide dough into about 36 large tablespoon balls. Do not flatten. Place on ungreased baking sheets, though I use a Silpat pad. Bake for about 8 minutes , rotate pan and bake for another 4 minutes. Look for crackles on top and sides, cooked tops and semi-firm. Cookies should be a bit soft in the middle. You may need to bake them another 1-2 minutes, but don’t over bake! Better under, than over! Let sit on baking sheet until cool. Once they are cooled dip in a bit of melted chocolate. I also sprinkled these with a bit of Maldon salt flakes.
Times below do not include chilling time.
Keywords: cookies, chocolate cookies, baking, dessert, best chocolate cookie