This sweet hot mustard is almost identical in taste to Hickory Farms sweet hot mustard. With just 5 ingredients you have almost the same thing and the pleasure of saying you made it yourself!
- 1 1/4 c sifted flour
- 1/2 c plus 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1 T plus 3/4 t salt
- 1 c dry mustard (I prefer Colman’s but I have used store bought)
- 1 1/2 c plus 1 1/2 T white vinegar
- 6 green onions, minced (optional)
- Stir flour, sugar, salt and mustard together.
- Add vinegar and mix until blended.
- Stir in green onions if using.
- Let ripen and mellow in a closed container for 5 days on the countertop. After that store in refrigerator.
Times below do not include the 5 day curing time.
Keywords: mustard, hickory farms sweet hot mustard, copycat hickory farms sweet hot mustard, mustard recipe